Navy Old Goats has a Facebook page. Check it out! There is a lot of good information listed as well as many game pictures
World Games Update for this October weekend.
1. We have registered all three teams (40+, 45+ and 50+). I will send out a roster email later today so we can start assigning guys to the appropriate team.
2. As of today, we still could use some midfielders at the 40+ and 45+ levels. Additionally, we need one more FOGO at the 40+ level. As always, our preference is for players who are USNA alumni or former serving USN/USMC, but if you have prospects who meet our character and team work prerequisites have them contact me.
3. If you haven't paid your deposit, please do so. As we start putting together the rosters I will need to know that you are committed to being in Denver... and the deposit is my way of ensuring same.
4. I've had a lot of questions regarding uniform numbers, playing on multiple rosters, tickets for family members and other goodies. As of now I simply don't have that information and US Lacrosse isn't answering questions. So, please be patient and rest assured that we will address all issues well before next July.
5. Uniform design is done. NSW/NSF fund raising shirt design is done and prototypes are on order. Teams are registered. Rosters are 90% complete. This is going to be a great event and I am looking forward to seeing you all in Denver next July.
Be safe and GO NAVY!!!
Greetings 'Goats! Critical information follows so please review carefully:
1. In deference to and support of the World Games in Denver, Vail will not host a 40+ or 50+ tournament in 2014.
2. Per numerous requests, we have completed an initial recon of the World Games/Festival in Denver for 2014.
3. Dates for the 40 - 60 groups are 7/16 through 7/19 (Wednesday through Friday), 2014.
4. Registration requires payment in full. I will not front the money for this event so we will need to make other arrangements.
5. Cost for each team is $2,000 plus $50 per player. Assuming some level of gear, player costs will be in the $250 - $300 range for this event plus travel and lodging.
6. We are limited to 24 players and 4 coaches per team. Coaches must submit to and pay for a US Lacrosse background check. No, not my rules.
***Here is the process that we need to follow if we want to enroll one or more teams:
1. I need responses from 20+ guys from each age group (40+ and 50+ .... we may also do a 45+ team, just depends) who are willing to commit to attending and send me a nonrefundable $100 deposit check. I won't enter a team until I have that level of commitment from the group. This needs to occur no later than 8/15/2013.
2. I need 8 guys who are willing to help me underwrite the expense at some level (sponsors). This may or may not be tax deductible, depending on how we run the operation. I will commit to being sponsor #1.
3. If you are interested and willing to commit to making the initial $100 deposit, please send me an email with your name and age as of 12/31/2014. I will then let you know when and where to send the deposit check.
Thanks and GO NAVY!!!
Executive Officer and Old Goat Emeritus